Vehicle inspections pre-purchasing. Are you considering buying a vehicle, but not sure if the car you are looking at is in good order? Sometimes the vehicle may look good but there could be hidden problems which can result in expensive repairs.
We can help by giving the vehicle a thorough check over and give you a full report. You could save yourself a lot of money and have the peace of mind that the vehicle you’re wanting to purchase is in good order or not.
What we look for. (Not Comprehensive)
Exterior: Evidence of bodywork repairs. Things like mismatched paintwork etc
- Tyres: Tread worn evenly (uneven wear indicates alignment and suspension problems) or are they the same make?
- Engine: Oil leaks, Oil dip stick free of dark, black oil
- Chassis: We look for signs of straightening and any damage through the subframe.
- Suspension: Testing for worn or ineffective shock absorbers.
- Automatic Transmission: Transmission fluid looks clean not gritty as this could mean wear and expensive repairs.
- Manual Transmission: Needs to be smooth through all the gears and no grinding.
- Brakes: Vehicle steers straight and does not pull to one side when applying brakes. Also no grinding noises.
- Steering: We don’t want to hear clicking noises as this could mean the front CV joints need attention.
This is not a comprehensive list but simply a guide to what we look for when evaluating your vehicle pre-purchase. Let me know (Michael) if you need advice on 9242 3325 I will be happy to help. Your Mechanic Osborne Park